Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KRACK (Key Reinstallation Attack)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRACK

Quote:KRACK (Key Reinstallation Attack) is a severe replay attack (a type of exploitable flaw) on the Wi-Fi Protected Access protocol that secures Wi-Fi connections. It was discovered in 2016 by the Belgian researchers Mathy Vanhoef and Frank Piessens of the University of Leuven. Vanhoef's research group published details of the attack in October 2017. By repeatedly resetting the nonce transmitted in the third step of the WPA2 handshake, an attacker can gradually match encrypted packets seen before and learn the full keychain used to encrypt the traffic.

Seems like a lot of work to gain access. Seems to me that
any resource worthy of hacking would have a higher level
of security. Am I correct in my assumption?

Mr Robot S03E01 and 02 are available. I was confused and
needed to watch them twice. The entire series has often
been difficult for me to follow. Maybe I should have waited
so that I can binge watch a season at a time.

Preacher is awesome! But it has nothing to do with security.
A lot of work is for sure a subjective way to look at it. For you and I, it certainly is.

For a corporation, government, or other state-sized entity interested in corporate espionage, intelligence, and so on -- this would probably be trivial to them.

I liked the little bit of Mr. Robot I've watched, it was one of the few computer-related shows that don't flash "HTML" on the screen and pretend it is the ultimate hacking language (see the movie: Hackers).

There are so many movies that do it so badly.
People with more interest than I have analysed the code, 
usually unix, ptty and so on, and found it to be accurate.
Yea, from what I've read, Unix surprisingly was the most affected by it.
I think I was not concise enough with my comment, 
Mr Robot is very accurate in its fictional hacks.

Krack was most effective on Android devices.
We got an e-mail about this at work and it made me think of this thread topic (which I had seen but not read).

I watched the first 2 seasons of Mr Robot and enjoyed it. Will need to look for the new season, thanks for the heads up.